C.T. Wilson passed his business down to his grandsons Wilson King and Lofton King in 1932 where they operated the Tampa Pinensular Trunk Factory at 214 E. Cass St. Tampa, Florida
Featured in this Photo from The Tampa Tribune news article "Broken Baggage Business" circa March 29th, 1964. From Left to Right: Lofton King and Wilson King
At the age of 22 Bob King took over the family business at the invitation of his father Wilson King. Nearly 50 years later you have Luggage Service, still family owned and operated.
C.T. Wilson, opened Tampa-Peninsular Trunk Factory in downtown Tampa, Florida in August of 1919 located at 1211 N. Franklin St.
At the dawn of the twentieth century people were traveling most frequently by steam liners and railroad cars. They used heavy trunks made from wood, metal, leather, canvas and linen.
At the Tampa Peninsular Trunk Factory, we repaired trunks and produced them. Over the years, the shop also sold vegetables. We moved from Jackson Street to 1211 N. Franklin Street in 1919.
We then moved to 214 E. Cass Street. From there we moved to 1001 N. Franklin Street before relocating to our present location at 4121 N. Nebraska Ave. as Luggage Service Inc.
As times changed our modes and style of travel did also. People were traveling by train, bus and airline. Wilson and Loftus did the work for Atlantic Coastline and Seaboard Railroad Systems, Tamiami Trail Ways Bus Co and the Southeastern work for the Airlines.
Sign up to hear from us about specials, sales, and events.